Let’s talk all things Bathing Suits. If you think you can’t rock a sexy once piece or would never even dream
about attempting a two piece have no fear your Fairy Swimsuit Angel is here (that would be me). Whether you feel like you’re too curvy or too skinny it doesn’t matter in the world of swimwear, why? because there really is something for everyone (yes even you! I promise). There’s a few things you need to know while shopping for the right suit so let’s take a stroll down Swimsuit Lane shall we?
Rule #1. Know your body type. Your shape—Where you naturally distribute weight determines which swimsuit will look smokin’ on you. Swimsuit size and style depends on how you’re proportioned. Below you’ll find a few examples of body types, find the one you identify with and use that as your guide when it’s time to hit the stores and shop for your “get em girl” swimsuit look 🙂
Pear shape. If your hips are significantly wider than both your waist and bust, you’re probably a pear.
Apple shape: If your waist is significantly wider than your hips, and equal to or nearly as wide as your bust, you might be an apple.
Hourglass shape: If your bust and hips are about the same width, but your waist is significantly smaller, you’re a classic hourglass.
Straight (also known as ruler or banana shape): If you’re thin all around, with no significant difference between your hips, waist and bust, you’re a straight shape.
I want to make sure you’re armed with all the important information about swimsuit shopping so I’ve taken it a step further and included a few last min tips to make this fun and effortless!
- Always be honest with yourself about your swimsuit fit. If your skin is bulging anywhere, you may need to try a larger size. In most cases, a larger size will be more flattering precisely because skin isn’t hanging out.
- Take a trusted friend to the shops with you to try swimsuits on to get a second, honest opinion
- Swimsuits tend to enlarge a bit when wet, so make sure that your swimsuit is not already too large when you buy it. You definitely don’t want to lose it when you dive into a pool! Unless you’re into that kind of thing in which I’d say “take it off!” J
- Always use colors that give your skin tone compliments, for instance if you have a darker skin tone, lighter colors will enhance your complexion and vice versa if you have a lighter skin tone bold colors will enhance your complexion.
- Have fun for goodness sake!
Can’t wait to see what you come up with!!!!! xoxo